[Currently lowering the games Post-Possessing will make the game very hard to see]Beware of the chilling cold along with the horrors that lurk within the halls of the Arctic Research Base simply known as Base 75. You play as a lone Arctic Biologist who ended up getting lost in a Snow Storm and must take refuge in Base 75. However, the base appears to have no power (no heat) and its clear that you’re not alone. Will you be able to find a way out of this predicament or get killed by either the freezing cold or from what things that lurk in the base?
Frostbite: Deadly Climate is a First-Person Survival-Horror game, with gameplay primarily consisting of combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving. Along with a heavy focus on Atmospheric/Psychological Horror over Cheap/Mindless Jumpscares.
One big aspect of this game that sets it apart from other Horror games is that players need to constantly watch and manage their character’s body temperature. Throughout the game the player character’s body temperature will decrease and the lower the player will witness some negative effects such as less stamina and accuracy with weapons and if body temperature hits zero then the player will start losing health and risk freezing to death. Players can combat this by taking Heat Drinks that regain their Body Temperature and spending less time in much colder areas.
OTHER GAME FEATURES
- A limited Inventory system that can only hold 10 Items at a time, along with a limited Ammo pouch that can only 15 ammunition for each weapon.
- 4 different Weapons to help you defended yourself against the things that lurk in the base.
- A Resident Evil Style Safe Room complete with its own Storage Container and Save System that requires an item to save your game.
- A Silent Hill style map that marks each door you interact with in the base.
- Items that can be collected and help aid you through the game along with items that can be combined to create useful items.
- Documents and a detail environment that helps flesh out the story on what happened to people at Base 75.
- Puzzles to solve and Items need to be collected to progress through the game.
- An environment temperature that can be affected by the players actions and in return affects the player character’s body temperature.
- And much, much more.
NOTE: This game is not a sequel to the original Frostbite game, more that it serves as a reboot of the original. Sharing a similar premise and setting to the original, but contains a deeper story, larger level, and much more gameplay variety.