Great game, enjoyed it very much.
FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate
A downloadable game
Beware of the chilling cold along with the horrors that lurk within the halls of the Arctic Research Base simply known as Base 75. You play as a lone Arctic Biologist who ended up getting lost in a Snow Storm and must take refuge in Base 75. However, the base appears to have no power (no heat) and its clear that you’re not alone. Will you be able to find a way out of this predicament or get killed by either the freezing cold or from what things that lurk in the base?
Frostbite: Deadly Climate is a First-Person Survival-Horror game, with gameplay primarily consisting of combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving. Along with a heavy focus on Atmospheric/Psychological Horror over Cheap/Mindless Jumpscares.
One big aspect of this game that sets it apart from other Horror games is that players need to constantly watch and manage their character’s body temperature. Throughout the game the player character’s body temperature will decrease and the lower the player will witness some negative effects such as less stamina and accuracy with weapons and if body temperature hits zero then the player will start losing health and risk freezing to death. Players can combat this by taking Heat Drinks that regain their Body Temperature and spending less time in much colder areas.
OTHER GAME FEATURES
- A limited Inventory system that can only hold 10 Items at a time, along with a limited Ammo pouch that can only 15 ammunition for each weapon.
- 4 different Weapons to help you defended yourself against the things that lurk in the base.
- A Resident Evil Style Safe Room complete with its own Storage Container and Save System that requires an item to save your game.
- A Silent Hill style map that marks each door you interact with in the base.
- Items that can be collected and help aid you through the game along with items that can be combined to create useful items.
- Documents and a detail environment that helps flesh out the story on what happened to people at Base 75.
- Puzzles to solve and Items need to be collected to progress through the game.
- An environment temperature that can be affected by the players actions and in return affects the player character’s body temperature.
- And much, much more.
NOTE: This game is not a sequel to the original Frostbite game, more that it serves as a reboot of the original. Sharing a similar premise and setting to the original, but contains a deeper story, larger level, and much more gameplay variety.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate's User Interface is getting a complete redesign.11 days ago
- Adding some Frost into FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate23 days ago
- Currently working on Version 1.5 of FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate.40 days ago
- I'm a Fan of a YT channel/Website called RageSelect and I'm overjoyed to see the...43 days ago
- HAPPY NEW YEAR... and here is Version 1.4 of FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate.56 days ago
- v1.3 of FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate is out.58 days ago
- Hope your all not getting Frostbite.. on this cold Christmas Night61 days ago
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
DON'T TOUCH MEH FROZEN MONSTER MEN IN YOUR UNDERWEARヽ ( ꒪д꒪ )ﾉ
A fantastic re-imagining of your original concept, really love the new additions! The feel of the whole game is great, always that sense of lingering dread topped with the stress of maintaining your body heat and health!
Cracking work, honestly can't wait to see more great things from you! =)
back in the snow looking for a way to get outta there! i am so confused but i love it! knowing my luck, i will be trapped there forever haha! awesome game no doubt about it!
Really enjoyed this game lots of work been put into it. Kept dying in this game but got the hang of it in the end.
Very impressed with the all the changes made since the first iteration. Super tense when you begin to run out of health/ heat drinks and have to hurry things up too.
Thanks for the mention too :)
Nice job Alex! I like how much is improved over the first game, I can't wait to finish it!! I run into a small issue, I reached the door with the num pad and after I pressed esc I couldn't move or type anything so I quit the game then reload but the num pad graphic was still there. I closed the game and everything was normal when I launched it again, but I didn't reached the num pad area yet.
Oh did you mean you press the Esc Key to leave the Keypad door instead of pressing the X button under the the Keypad? Never thought that people would press the Esc key to leave the Keypad.
Anyway I just check my game and I see what your talking about it. and I done a quick fix on this problem.
So happy to get back into this dark and cold creation of yours! While I have no clue how far I made it in these first thirty minutes, I will be doing a full series on it! I assume you can only save if you have a reel in your inventory? So far all the changes are big improvements from the first, the graphics are a lot cleaner, the area is bigger and one hell of a lot more oppressive, the monster is right there from the start and it seems lie you took a few hints from Resident Evil 7 or other games int he same vein. Really looking forward to diving even deeper and freezing my ass off