Thank you for the experience keep up the great work
A downloadable game for Windows
AVAILABLE NOW!Itch.io Page - https://olinkalex.itch.io/frostbite-deadly-climate
Beware of the horrors below the ice. In the shoes of the last remaining member of a secret research team, you awaken to a bitter cold and discover the dead bodies of your friends. Will you be able to solve the mystery, or will you meet the same frigid fate as them?
ABOUT THIS GAME
This is a short survival-horror game, inspired by games like Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason, Silent Hill, Resident Evil (specifically RE7), and Alpha Polaris.
- This game contains NO Jump-scares of any kind, rather it focus on atmosphere and trying to survive a freezing cold environment.
- The game plays in the first-person perspective, but it fallows gameplay similar to old-school survival games, such as a limited inventory, exploration, health drinks, key findings, etc.
- One of the games main mechanics is the "Body Temp System". Throughout the game your body temperature slowly decreases. The colder the area you are in, the faster your body temperature will drop. As your body temperature drops, your character's stamina will deplete faster; your hands will shake, and your vision will blur. If your body temperature reaches zero, your health will begin to drain. If your health hits zero, it is Game Over.
- This game contains no checkpoints or have any save system, so if your character dies in the game, you have to start the game from the very beginning. However, this game is very short, if you know what your doing, you could beat this game in about 5 minutes.
WORD FROM THE CREATOR
This was a game made in around 5 weeks for an Online College Class, me and 2 other students where assigned to make a prototype game, and we chose to make this game. However because we where doing online, we had different time frames, my teammates work schedules, and my strong determination with these projects. This game became more of a 1 man project with some addition help from the other team members. It didn't even help that it turned out we where making something far beyond what was needed for the class assignment. So because of these factors, be aware that there might be some ruff edges in this game, especially in the sounds and animation. Of course this is not to give a defense on any problems you might have on the game. Fully give your honest opinion about the game, because criticism leads to help me learn my mistakes and help me create better games.
Hope you enjoy the game.
Create by Alex Olinkiewicz, with additional help from Brandon Camp and William Brannigan.
- Update v2.3 (possibly the last update) of the Original FROSTBITE is now availabl...41 days ago
- Well this is a surprise, I gave my original Frostbite a new Update (v2.2)62 days ago
- FROSTBITE Patch 2.0Sep 10, 2017
- Still hard at work on Frostbite: Deadly Climate, but its still gonna be awhile.Aug 03, 2017
- FROSTBITE: Deadly Climate - Work in Progress GameplayJul 22, 2017
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Was very fun to play! Great job! :D
Whenever I try to start the game it crashes, opening the Unreal crash reporter :(
Sorry, didn't see your comment until now, I mostly focus on GameJolt and for some reason I don't get Notifications from ich.io. Sadly I don't have an answer to your issue, most people never reported your issue and I'm still new with programming from Unreal , so can't say what it is that is causing the crashes when you tried my game.
Took me a while to figure out exactly what to do but I enjoyed the game.
Amazing game! I like the atmosphere and the retro feel. It would be amazing to see this in a bigger facility. Keep up the good work!
You used Unity didn't you?
This is a seriously cool horror game! Not too scary, but constantly keeps you on your heels until the fantastic ending! I love the graphical look and the puzzle solving was fairly straight forward too. Really looking forward to seeing your next games.
Link for those that want laughs and scares ->
Thanks your reaction to my game when you completed it put a smile on my face.
*Rurr* Hello everyone! I had fun playing this, although it is considered short, the first and lengthy process of finding out what you have to do may vary - I made a long playthrough of my first experience and it was, both interesting to learn and find out where I have to go, but also embarrassing! Gah! Had fun though!
Neat stuff, very nicely done.